Construction supervised by original owner. Complete new bottom in 2008, Okume inner ply hull. Full longitudinal mahogany outer planking. Meticulous maintenance by a picky owner. Better than new condition!
This Hacker has undergone a full, keel up, bottom restoration including:
- Removing the entire bottom planking set.
- Replacing all frames, floors and knees with White Oak.
- New White Oak Kell & Chines.
- Lloyd's Rated Okume Plywood inner layer, full longitudinal mahogany outer planking.
- Five Coats of Epifanes Varnish added to the hull & decks.
- Propeller, driveshaft and strut balanced and trued.
- New Strut Bearing.
The previous owner of this vessel had some modifications made to the boat while it was being constructed at Hacker. The addition of 6" to the beam and the addition of another side plank to increase freeboard allows the vessel a dryer ride in rougher conditions. This vessel is true to the original Hacker 28.